2 Triple B is your local community radio station.
We’ve been providing a local voice to Bellingen Shire residents for 40 years.
We’re more than just a radio station; we’re a platform that amplifies the stories and voices of our community.
We broadcast over 70 locally produced and network programs a week and provide a vital community link for the Bellingen Shire.
2 Triple B’s program is full of unique music and content that you won’t find on commercial stations.
Our local shows are hosted by local presenters, each with their own range of passions and expertise.
As a member of the CBAA Community Radio Network, we also bring you programs from community stations across the country, with a range of diverse topics and music.
Independent & local
2 Triple B is where you can hear from local people telling local stories and discussing issues and topics of interest to local people.
2 Triple B is a non-government and non-profit broadcaster – we’re independent and community funded. We provide an alternative to commercial and public media, giving voice to local community issues that affect the Shire.
As a community station, we support the production of unique content and eclectic music shows – a diversity that can’t be heard on commercial stations.
Part of our mission is to provide a platform for Bellingen Shire music, arts and culture and support the next generation of creative communities. You’ll see our Little Blue Van OB1 at events around the Shire throughout the year.
Community led & supported
Our community and listeners provide the support that keeps us broadcasting.
As a not-for-profit, 2 Triple B runs on the goodwill, hard work and dedication of our community of over sixty dedicated volunteers, from 14 to 80 years of age.
Our entire operations are maintained by a group of passionate volunteers who do everything from presenting programs to maintaining our broadcast technology.
We strive to deliver the best listening experience with the limited funds that we receive.
Operating a radio station is a significant effort that requires continual funding to maintain equipment, premises, pay utilities – and stay on air.
To stay independent, we rely on our listening community for financial support to cover our day-to-day running costs.
It is the generous support of our subscribers, sponsors and donors that sustain 2 Triple B’s operations and services.
2 Triple B Community Radio has a commitment to
- Actively encourage participation and experimentation in all aspects of community radio operation by any and all community members, including individuals in such special groups as disabled, aged, housebound, youth, unemployed and sight disabled.
- Serve as a channel for the communication and dissemination of information relevant to both the community’s and the individual’s needs and desires. Provide comprehensive training in the various facets of broadcasting activities, and the facilities and opportunities to develop and utilise those skills for the benefit of the community.
- Produce local news programs and programs of comment on local issues and events which allow participation by representatives of all points of view. Whilst the station’s focus is local, it aims to maintain a clear perspective, and position its coverage objectively and honestly, balanced against the wider backdrop of world events.
- Identify and attempt to meet community needs and interests that are not adequately covered by existing media.
- Register the community’s cultural, recreational, educational, social, and artistic resources, and provide outlets for creative talent.
- Promote and present a diversity of quality musical and cultural entertainment.
- Provide a variety in programming so that everyone finds something of interest at some time.
- Provide prompt, reliable emergency communications.
- Promote community harmony.